Thursday, January 13, 2011

cogito ergo sum : I think, therefore I am by René Descartes


young Rene Descartes (encemmmm)
Rene Descartes in workplace




René Descartes also known as "Father of modern mathematics"Possibly the best known of all philososophical quotations; this is from the French philosopher René Descartes in Discourse on Method, 1637, where he attempted to prove his existence as a thinking being, by thinking. 'I think, therefore I am' comes to us in English via two translations. Descartes' original statement in French was "Je pense, donc je suis".....thus...in other words..Rene Descartes used that to prove his own existence. It literally means, "I think; therefore, I am." He claimed that his ability to form thoughts made him a real, living, human being.

Discourse on the Method


Descartes considers science and mathematics to be justified to the extent that their proposals are established on a similarly immediate clarity, distinctiveness, and self-evidence that presents itself to the mind. The originality of Descartes' thinking, therefore, is not so much in expressing the cogito — a feat accomplished by other predecessors, as we shall see — but on using the cogito as demonstrating the most fundamental epistemological principle, that science and mathematics are justified by relying on clarity, distinctiveness, and self-evidence...

hurmm...so..as conclusion....Rene Descartes through his meditation..beliefs that his ability to form a though made him a real,living human being....he stated from this phylosophy that his though is based on clarity..that our existence is based on much real evidence..which is experience...fuhhhhhh...........quiet complicated rite!!!!......

.ok.....let see....How do we know that what we perceive is actually real? I may feel the sand beneath my feet and smell the sweet roses, but perhaps these are not real sensations at all. Perhaps my senses are like those in a dream, when I can feel the world around me even though it is not real. My own experiences tell me that I exist. My thoughts, emotions and sensations seem real to me. It is hard to believe that this world is just an illusion and that I am just the creation of a dream, when my experience tells me that I am real...yessss!!!experience is the real and clarify!!.....we can conclude that "i think therefore ia am" is..everything is self evidence...i think and i knew i was real and i am here!!!!!!hehehee.....pusing2...lebih kurang r kan puan suzy??heheee.....thus,,rene Descartes just want to told us that~~~~We are exist...we are real..that is all everybody can agree and sure..its not a dream...as long as we can feel and think, and gain enjoyment out of our lives...........the end

wants extra info??????lets share and know him better...hhuhuu...try this:




UPDATEE

now...is it clear what is cogito ergo sum?????@ i think therefore ia am?????.......frennnz.......got some cool cartoon with simple explationabout this statement...hehhee..............

I think therefore I am.... What was I thinking? (cartoon) by peter ellerton

when you think therefore you are....hmmm..what if u forgot and lost your though????are u disappear too?????...hehehheeeeheheheee............got the idea?????????...simple but nice....epic coollllllllllll!!!!hehehhehehee


p/s:even though Rene descartes admit he is Roman Catholic Cristian....this phylosophy is towards to atheis belief.......its similar to metaphor that we are the real things and only real things can proves its existence.....paham x ape aku nak sampaikan nih???heheheheheee.....knowledge of existence is very difficult and confusing to understand because human is always wanted to know are they are realy exist and why there are exist....only true religion and beliefs can give us the answer!!islam!!hehehehehehee...TQVM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buddy Glyphs